Monday, November 12, 2007

"committed to transforming consciousness"

After watching a talk given by Eve Ensler, the creator of "vagina monologues," I feel compelled to share some of her words about the journey she has embarked upon helping women around the world...

In the beginning "it felt too daunting, I felt like a war photographer who takes pictures of terrible events, without being able to intervene on their behalf...

Being in the face of things...is the antidote to depression.

I live in my body a lot these days, not as much in my head anymore. I think the world of "v world" is very much in the body, the species really exists in the body. There is a real significance in the connection between our bodies and our heads - their separation creates a divide between purpose and intent. The connection between body and head brings those things into union.

When we give in the world what we want the most, we heal the broken part inside each of us."

Eve Ensler is, along with millions of women around the world, committed to transforming consciousness.

No comments: